Lewiston, Idaho, November 26, 1897
A Fatal Accident.
Thos. H. Worden, a pioneer of Lewiston valley, met his death suddenly Monday morning by the falling of a chimney in the removal of an old building.
It was about half-past ten Monday morning when the accident occurred with the fatal result above noted. Mr. Worden was at work with a crew of men in tearing down the building known as the Raymond House sample rooms, a low frame structure just east of the hotel. The rustic had been torn from the front and sides and Mr. Worden and another employee were trying to dislodge the chimney by knocking out the wooden braces that held it in place. Mr. Worden was on a step ladder prying at the braces and as they gave way he jumped out the door evidently thinking that the chimney would drop into the room. About three feet of the top broke, struck the roof and rebounded crushing him to the ground just as he reached the outside.
The body of the deceased was immediately removed to the undertaking parlors and later to his home. The funeral took place front the Episcopal church Wednesday afternoon, at 2 o'clock, under the auspices of the local Masonic lodge. A large company of friends were present to honor the passing of a brave pioneer.
Card of Thanks.
We desire to extend our heartfelt thanks to our friends who so kindly rendered assistance during the death of our husband and dear father.